Idaho Potato Commission
Mini IdahoŽ Potato Zucchini Pancakes
Recipe courtesy of Keith Otter, Chef, Chandler's Steakhouse, Ketchum, ID
Approximately 24 pancakes, or 4 servings
- 2 8-ounce Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 small zucchini, washed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, or with a hand-held grater, shred the potatoes and zucchini. Place shredded vegetables in a medium mixing bowl; add eggs and onion powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the batter and place on heated skillet. Repeat to fill the skillet, leaving an inch or more between pancakes. Cook for 5 minutes or until bottoms are light brown; flip pancakes using a spatula and cook on second side for 3 - 5 minutes or until browned. Use remaining oil for remaining batches of pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with dipping sauces such as: 1 cup marinara sauce or ketchup, 1 cup applesauce, 1 cup sour cream or a mixture of 3/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup yellow mustard.
219 calories, 8 g fat, 106 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 7 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates
*Nutritional analysis does not include dipping sauces