Idaho Potato Commission
2 - 3 servings
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Instant Mashed Idaho Potatoes (dry flakes)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup coarsely grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 375° F
- In a 3-quart saucepan bring water, butter and salt to boil. Remove from heat. Mix potato flakes and flour and add to saucepan. Return to medium heat and stir vigorously until dough forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat; add eggs one at a time. Beat until the dough is glossy and stiff. (This step may be done in the food processor.) Stir in Swiss cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup of dough on greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Puffs will be slightly creamy inside.