Idaho Potato Commission
IdahoŽ Potato Pancakes
Recipe courtesy of Heather Gardea, Corporate Executive Chef, Coco’s & Carrows Restaurants, Irvine, CA
- 2 lb. Idaho® Potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz. Yellow onions
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. Ham, diced
- 1/4 cup Green onions, diced
- 3 oz. Green bell pepper, diced
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Sour cream as needed
- Rinse potatoes under cold water. Coarsely grate potatoes and onion using grater or food processor. Place in towel; twist to squeeze out all water.
- Mix potato and yellow onion with eggs, ham, green onions, bell peppers and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Heat griddle or non-stick pan with thin film of vegetable oil over medium heat. Drop approximately 2 Tbsp. potato pancake mixture onto griddle and flatten with spatula. Fry until golden, flip over and brown other side, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on towel; serve immediately with sour cream.
For convenience, frozen hash browns can be substituted for the fresh Idaho® Potatoes.