Idaho Potato Commission
Cream of IdahoŽ Potato & Celery Root Soup
Recipe courtesy of Jim Blake, Chef, Big Fish, Detroit, Michigan
12 (1 cup servings)
- 5 oz. Idaho® dehydrated flakes
- 4 oz. cut onions
- 3 oz. leeks
- 1 T olive oil
- 6 oz. celery root
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 4 oz. half and half
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. sour cream
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 oz. white wine
- Sauté onions and leeks in olive oil.
- Add dehydrated Idaho® potatoes, celery root, chicken stock, white wine and mustard.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree liquid (strain if necessary). Whisk in half and half and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes (check thickness - should coat the back of spoon).
- Add sour cream and check seasoning.
- Garnish as desired.