Idaho Potato Commission
Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce
Recipe adapted from dipping sauces served at Suzanne Levinson's Pommes Frites
Approximately 8 2-tablespoon servings
- 2 small whole garlic heads or 1 large whole garlic head
- 2 teaspoons good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Wrap each head of garlic separately in aluminum foil and place on rack in the center of the oven, bake 45 minutes. Remove garlic from oven, unwrap and allow to cool.
- Separate the cloves of garlic and squeeze each clove so that the garlic is removed from the papery skin.
- In a small food processor or blender, process all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve at room temperature.
71 calories, 5 g fat, O mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 1 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates