Idaho Potato Commission
Portabella and Spinach layered Idaho® Potato Soufflé
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1-1/2 cups Idahoan Premium Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups firmly packed, coarsely chopped ready-to-eat fresh baby spinach, plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8"x8" baking pan
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, water and egg yolks; microwave just until hot. Stir in Instant potatoes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add shallots and sautÈ until tender, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, chopped spinach, salt and pepper; sauté another minute. Set aside.
- Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold gently into potato mixture. Spoon half of the potatoes into the prepared pan, sprinkle with half of the cheese. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over cheese.
- Top with remaining potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes until puffy and edges begin to brown. Garnish plates with reserved whole spinach leaves. Serve warm.
224 calories, 11.8g protein, 19.7g carbohydrate, 11.2g fat, 129mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium