Idaho Potato Commission
IdahoŽ Potato Pumpkin & Pepita Patties
Recipe courtesy of Linda Kay Drysdale, Riverview, MI.
Idaho® Potato Pumpkin and Pepita Patties deliver a dose of sweet heat in every bite.
For a heart-healthy version of this recipe, click here.
- 3 cups instant Idaho® potato flakes, divided
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup egg substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup shelled, unsalted, roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk or wooden spoon, combine 2 cups of the potato flakes with the milk, pumpkin, 1/3 cup of the egg substitute, the pepitas and the seasonings. Mix until well blended; set aside.
- Place the remaining 2/3 cup egg substitute in a small bowl. Place the remaining 1 cup of potato flakes into a pie plate.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the reserved potato-pumpkin batter into your clean hands and form into 2 1/2-inch wide patties. Dip each patty into the egg substitute, then into the potato flakes, coating both sides. Repeat until you have enough to fill the skillet.
- Fry the patties in the hot skillet, cooking until golden brown on each side. Coat the skillet with more cooking spray if the patties begin to stick. Transfer cooked patties to a platter. Continue to form and fry patties until all the batter is used. Serve patties warm or at room temperature, topped with a little whole berry cranberry sauce, if desired.
190 calories, 0 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 320 mg sodium, 10 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates