Idaho Potato Commission
Baked Mashed IdahoŽ Potatoes
Susan Allen of Idaho Falls, ID serves her Baked Mashed Idaho Potatoes for her Friday evening family supper using the best of her Thanksgiving Day's leftovers.
- cooking spray
- 8 cups Idaho® mashed potatoes (can use leftover potatoes)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 butter crackers, crushed
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 1 1/2-qt. casserole with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine potatoes, egg, sour cream, cottage cheese and onions at medium speed. Spoon potato mixture into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers (or shredded cheese) and bake 30 minutes.
270 calories, 14 g fat, 54 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 7 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates