Idaho Potato Commission
Potato-Onion Cheese Tart
Recipe courtesy of Erwin Drechsler, Chef, erwin of Chicago, IL
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 8 Idaho Russet potatoes, boiled, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium Onions, diced
- 1 cup Grated Fontinella cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh dill, finely chopped
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Cream
- salt and pepper
- coarse mustard
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a deep 9" fluted pan with removable bottom.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and sauté onion until golden. Reserve In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sautéed onions, dill grated cheeses and salt and pepper to taste. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until combined. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently with a spatula.
- Fill prepared pan with potato/egg mixture, smoothing top of potato tad with spatula. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for one hour. Cool for one hour. Wet a thin knife with hot water and trace around the fluted edges of the pan. Unmold and serve warm or at room temperature with coarse mustard and sour cream.