Idaho Potato Commission
Potato/Vegetable Casserole Supreme
Recipe compliments of Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, PA
Serves 24 (8 oz)
- 6 ozs Margarine, melted
- 12 ozs Onions, chopped
- 6 lbs Frozen diced hash browns, defrosted
- 1 can (50 ozs) Condensed cram of chicken or potato soup
- 1 1/2 lbs Yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 qt Sour cream
- 2 tsps Salt
- 2 tsps Pepper
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables, cooked (carrots, green beans, peas, broccoli)
- 2 ozs Margarine, melted
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Sauté onions in 2 ounces of margarine until translucent. Place remaining margarine into a 20" X 12" X 4" pan Add potatoes and toss lightly to coat with margarine.
- Add sautéed onions, condensed soup, grated cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and cooked vegetables. Mix all ingredients until blended and evenly distribute mixture in pan.
- Mix bread crumbs and margarine; sprinkle evenly over potatoes Bake at 350°F. 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly; serve hot.
Calories 478 Protein 15.1 gm, Fat 29.8 gm, Saturated Fat 13.5 gm, Carbohydrates 393 gm, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Sodium 1,064.1 mg, Dietary Fiber 1.8 gm, Calcium 325.9 mg, Potassium 599.5 mg.