Idaho Potato Commission
Micro-Baked Potatoes with Chicken Toppings
- 4 (8 ounces each) Idaho Potatoes
- Classic Chicken or Dijon-Chicken Topping (recipes follow)
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
Classic Chicken Topping -
- Pierce potatoes with tines of fork; place in microwave on rack or paper towel. Micro-bake on HIGH 22 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender, turning once. Let stand 2 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare topping of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; place potatoes cut sides up on 10 1/2 x 15 1/2-inch jelly roll pan. Cover potatoes with topping mixture, dividing equally. sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven about 6 minutes or until potatoes and topping are hot and cheese is melted.
Note: Micro-baking times are based on a 700-watt microwave. Adjust cooking times to your own oven.
Classic Chicken Topping:
- In bowl combine 1 can (11 1/2 ounce) chunk chicken in water, drained, 3 green onions sliced, and 6 tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise dressing.
- Cover topping with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and heat as directed.
- In bowl combine 1 can (11 1/2 ounce) chunk chicken in water, drained, 8 ounces (half of a 16 ounce bag) frozen broccoli, thawed, 1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise dressing, 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard and 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover topping with 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese and heat as directed.
398 cal, 24 g protein, 13 g fat, 47 g carbohydrates, 3.3 g fiber, 9 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 28.3% calories from fat Dijon-Chicken Topping -
397 cal, 25 g protein, 11 g fat, 49 g carbohydrates, 4.6 g