Idaho Potato Commission
Oriental Chicken Topping
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes, baked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cups snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken; cook, stirring until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove chicken from skillet, set aside. Add onion, red pepper and carrots. Cook until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in snow peas, chicken broth and ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return cooked chicken to skillet. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with soy sauce. Add to skillet; stir. Bring to boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, cutting almost to base of potato. Mash slightly with fork, leaving in skins. Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture over each potato, dividing evenly.
267 cal, 17 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 5 g fiber