Idaho Potato Commission
Wild Mushroom and Idaho® Potato Lasagna
This recipe is gluten-free
- 8 Idaho potatoes, 90-count
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Shallots, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 oz Portabello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 4 medium Tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 33 cloves Garlic, roasted
- 1 bunch Chives, chopped
- Tourne potatoes to create 5 equal sides and blunt ends. Slice 1/8-inch thick lengthwise. Butter parchment and place potatoes on top in single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with additional butter and cover with parchment. Bake at 350 degrees F 10 to 15 minutes, until tender, cool.
- Sauté shallots with olive oil until clear. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Add win and stock. Cook 2 minutes; remove mushrooms to cool. Add remaining butter to liquid; reduce by 1/4.
- On buttered parchment, layer potato slices with mushrooms, finishing with potato slices to create 12 individual lasagnas about 5 inches by 3 inches. Bake at 400 to 425 degrees F 5 to 6 minutes, or until edges are brown.
- Place each lasagna in the center of a heated 8-inch plate. Ladle hot mushroom jus around and garnish with tomatoes, garlic, chives and freshly ground black pepper around the rim.
Chef Tip: The high starch content in the Idaho potatoes helps hold the lasagnas together and retain their shape so that individual forms are not needed.