Idaho Potato Commission
Surprise IdahoŽ Potato Pancakes
Surprise Idaho® Potato Pancakes can be rolled with a variety of fun flavors -- from freshly sliced seasonal fruit to a dollop of whipped cream to a smear of peanut butter -- it's all good!
4 - 6 servings
Estimated Cost per Serving*:
- 2 Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking spray
- Seasonal fruits (cut up)
- Maple syrup or any syrup
- Brown sugar or powdered sugar
- Whipping Cream
- Peanut butter
- Ice cream
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Puree potatoes in a food processor, add remaining ingredients in order as listed.
- Spray a nonstick or Teflon pan with cooking spray. Heat pan to medium-high. Pour approximately 1/2 cup of batter in the pan and gently tip the pan to distribute the batter evenly into a thin pancake. Turn pancake over when first side appears to be browning. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Lay each pancake flat and place a large spoonful of fruit, sugar, syrup or any combination of filling ingredients into the center of the pancake. Roll the pancake around the filling. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or cinnamon prior to serving.
353 calories, 158 mg cholesterol, 9 g fat, 314 mg sodium 11 g protein, 56 g carbohydrates