Idaho Potato Commission
Idaho® Potato Soufflé
Recipe courtesy of Anthony Sicignano, Executive Chef, The Breakers, Palm Beach, FL
- ½ C Idaho Potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 C Idaho Potatoes
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, whipped
- 1½ T Crème Fraîche
- 1½T Melted Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp White Pepper, ground finely
- 2 Egg Whites, beaten
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F.
- Blanch small-diced potatoes in salted water and shock in ice. Reserve.
- Peel and cook the two whole potatoes in salted boiling water until tender.
- Purée using a food mill.
- In a mixing bowl combine puréed potato, cream cheese, crème fraîche, melted butter, egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites and small-diced potato into puréed potato mixture.
- Coat four 3-inch diameter ring molds with pan spray and place on a sheet pan.
- Add two fluid ounces of soufflé batter to center of each ring mold.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Pair with smoked salmon and sections of orange.
- Top with crème fraÎche and caviar.
- Garnish with fresh chives.