Idaho Potato Commission
Broccoli Baked Potatoes
This is an official 5 a Day recipe. ©1991 Product for Better Health Foundation
6 entrees or 12 side dishes
- 6 medium Idaho potatoes
- 3 stalks broccoli
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Scrub potatoes. Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise. Bake until done, 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
- Peel broccoli stems. Steam whole stalks just until tender and chop finely.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli. Add the milk, 3/4 cup cheese and pepper. Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
- Heap into the potato jackets and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return in oven to heat through (about 15 minutes). Oven: 350° F. Time: 30 to 60 minutes; 15 minutes to melt cheese or to reheat.
Calories, 315; Fiber, 6.6 g.; Cholesterol, 25 mg.; Sodium, 160 mg. Percent calories from: Protein, 14%; Carbohydrate, 67%; Fat, 18%.