Idaho Potato Commission
Holiday Mashed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Regional Medical Center, Bayonet Point, Hudson, FL
- 1 package premium mashed potatoes (31 oz.)
- 4 qts. boiling water
- 1 pint low fat ranch dressing, room temperature
- 1 pint prepared basil pesto, room temperature
- 1 pint prepared bruschetta, room temperature
- 12 oz. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Pour boiling water into a mixing bowl.
- Add package of potatoes, stirring with wire whisk.
- Add half of the cheese, stirring to allow it to melt into the potatoes.
- Immediately add dressing, mixing thoroughly.
- Blend pesto and bruschetta, allowing streaks of color through the potatoes.
- Place in serviceware and top with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with julienne strips of fresh basil.