Idaho Potato Commission
Idaho Bliss Chorizo Hash
Recipe courtesy Sodexo at Shenandoah Valley Westminster Canterbury, Winchester, VA
- 1 pound red potatoes, whole, boiled until tender, cooled, diced into ¾” pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh chorizo, removed from casings
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat ovenproof skillet. Add chorizo, using potato masher to break up into small pieces while it’s cooking. Brown. Add onion and red pepper and cook until tender.
- Drain chorizo, remove from skillet, wipe out skillet and add olive oil.
- Saute potatoes until crisp and brown on one side; turn. Add chorizo mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.