Idaho Potato Commission
Twice-Baked IdahoŽ Potatoes with Smoked Chiles
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, Chef, Mesa Grill, NY
- 6 large Idaho® potatoes, scurbbed and dried
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons pureed canned chiles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole or low-fat milk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or until done, and let the potatoes col at room temperature.
- When they are cool enough to handle, cut off both ends and hollow out the potaotes, leaving the shells whole. Reserve the shells. Mash the potato flesh with the goat cheese, scallions and chipotle puree.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter with the milk; then beat it into the potato-cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stuff the reserved shells with the potato mixture.
- When ready to serve, preheat over to 400*F. Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until hot.