Idaho Potato Commission
IdahoŽ Potato Saikyo Yaki
Nobu-style Saikyo Miso (3 cups):
- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 3 cups Nobu styl Saikyo Miso
- 1/2 cup Sake
- 3/4 cup Mirin
- 2 cups White miso paste
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Nobu-style Saikyo Miso:
- Bring the sake and mirin to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil for 20 seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the miso paste, mixing with a wooden spoon. When the miso has dissolved completely, turn the heat up to high again and add the sugar, stirring constantly with the wooden spoon to ensure that the bottom of the pan doesn't burn. Remove from heat once the sugar is fully dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half, steam for about 15 minutes.
- Put the potatoes with Nobu-style Saikyo Miso and leave to steep in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly wipe off any excess miso clinging to the potatoes, but don't rinse it off. Bake potatoes until the surface turns brown. Then bake an additional 5-8 minutes.