Idaho Potato Commission
IdahoŽ Potato and Smoked Salmon Salad
6 - 8 servings
- 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled (if desired)
- 1/2 cup bottled oil & vinegar salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced (or 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cups cooked asparagus or broccoli, chopped (or any leftover vegetables)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound bibb lettuce (2 - 3 heads), washed and trimmed
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Add potato slices to boiling water; return to boiling and simmer 5 - 6 minutes or until tender, but firm. Drain potatoes and set aside or refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine dressing and ginger; toss dressing with dill and chopped vegetables. Gently stir in potatoes and smoked salmon.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on a platter (or on individual dishes), top with salad mixture.
262 calories, 12 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 9 g protein, 33 g carbohydrates