Idaho Potato Commission
Heart-Healthy Mashed IdahoŽ Potato Omelet
Combining time-tested favorites, this egg and mashed potato omelet is guaranteed to stave off hunger until well into midday.
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons prepared mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated low-fat cheddar cheese
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Whisk together egg substitute and whites.
- Make omelet in the standard method, but do not fold.
- When the omelet is cooked, spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Put yogurt on top of potatoes.
- Add the green onion and grated cheese.
- Put briefly under a warmer or in the oven to melt cheese.
- Serve with a fruit garnish
140 calories, 5 mg cholesterol, 1 g fat, 360 mg sodium, 21 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates