Idaho Potato Commission
IdahoŽ Potato Tart
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes (about 2 pounds), well scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 5.2 ounce package creamy garlic, herb cheese or 4 ounce package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh herb mixture (such as parsley, thyme, oregano and cilantro)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Slice potatoes very thinly (using a food processor or mandoline) and divide them into three equal parts.
- Oil a 10-inch pie pan with the olive oil and layer one-third of the potatoes in the prepared pan. Dot the potatoes with half the cheese, then top with 1/2 the red pepper, half the herb mixture and half the onions. Sprinkle with some of the pepper.
- Place another third of the potatoes on top, layering evenly. Dot with the remaining cheese and cover evenly with remaining red peppers, herbs and green onions. Sprinkle remaining pepper. Finally, top with last third of potatoes, spreading to cover. Pour chicken broth over all; season with pepper and dot with the butter pieces.
- Place another pie plate or cake pan on top of the tart, weighting the pan with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 1 hour. Remove pan with weights and bake tart another 15 minutes or until browned.
214 calories, 8 g fat, 19 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 6 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates.