Idaho Potato Commission
Heart-Healthy IdahoŽ Potato Nicoise Salad
A sprinkling of curry powder adds a unique layer of flavor to this classic Niçoise-style dish.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup bottled, reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 1 - 2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted olives (black or green), chopped
- 4 - 6 cups washed and drained mixed salad greens
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 4 hard boiled egg whites, quartered lengthwise
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
190 calories, 15 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fat, 400 mg sodium, 14 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add cubed potatoes; return to boiling and simmer 5 minutes or until tender, but firm. Drain potatoes and set aside or refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together ranch dressing and curry powder to taste. Stir in tuna, green onions and olives. Gently stir in potatoes.
- To serve, arrange greens on a platter (or on individual dishes), top with potato mixture, then garnish with tomatoes and eggs.