Idaho Potato Commission
Spring Fling Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of Molly Sheridan, www.wonderlandkitchen.com
- 3 lbs mixed red and gold waxy Idaho® potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups green peas, frozen or fresh
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (dibs moran)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- generous handful fresh basil
- leaves from a few springs of fresh mint
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Boil the cubed potatoes until just fork tender, about ten minutes. Drain and reserve.
- While potatoes cook, bring a second pot of water to a boil and blanch peas for one minute, then drain and plunge them into an ice water bath to shock and stop the cooking. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, place vinegar, pomegranate molasses, salt, and herbs in the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until leaves are minced. Combine this mixture with the buttermilk and mayonnaise in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until dressing is well mixed. Thin dressing with additional buttermilk as needed.
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, peas, cranberries, cucumbers, scallions, and sliced almonds. Toss with enough of the dressing to coat. Chill until ready to serve.