Quick and easy recipe for Idahoan Spinach Mushroom Breakfast Tumbler
- 2 quarts hot water
- 1 39.2-ounce package of Idahoan® Tater Tumblers
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 8 ounces spinach
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Measure out 2 quarts of hot water (not boiling) into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the entire pouch of Idahoan® Tater Tumblers appetizer mix all at once, using a spoon or wire whisk to distribute evenly and thoroughly wet mix. Let stand for 10 minutes until potatoes are fully hydrated.
3. While the mix is setting, in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, add the oil and bring to a sizzle.
4. Add in the mushrooms and start to sweat and sear.
5. Once seared, add in the spinach to wilt.
6. Finally, add in the garlic and toss it all together. Remove from heat.
7. Place the mixture into the bowl and season the entire mixture with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
8. Using a spoon, fold all the ingredients together to ensure there is even distribution.
9. Using a #60 scoop, portion out the entire mixture, getting 120 tumblers.
10. To cook, fry at 350°F for 2 minutes until the outside is golden brown and inside is hot throughout.
11. Let drain for a few seconds to remove excess oil and serve.