Korean Sticky Potato Lettuce Cups
- 3 pounds Idaho® baby yellow potatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons gochujang
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 pieces of Bibb lettuce (or lettuce of choice)
- 4 ounces fine Julienne carrots
- 4 each green onions, sliced
- 2 ounces red cabbage, shredded
- Heat canola oil in a saute pan and fry the potatoes (turning occasionally) on med-high heat for 5-7 minutes until ½ cooked or lightly seared on all sides. Drain any excess oil.
- Add water, soy, corn syrup, brown sugar, vinegar, gochujang, and garlic to the sauce pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked and sauce thickens to a sticky glaze.
- Snap off 4 large lettuce leaves from head and wash. Trim the bottom rib off, if needed. Dry off the lettuce.
- Using a mandolin, shred red cabbage and fine Julienne carrots
- Sliced green onion
- Divide potatoes evenly between the lettuce wraps, top with cabbage, green onion, and carrots