- 5 potatoes (washed/scrubbed clean)
- 1 cups milk (hot)
- 1/3 cup cubed butter (cold)
- 4oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 ounces parmesan (grated)
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 ½ ounces sliced chives
Poutine Gravy Ingredients:
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 ounce demi-glace
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped thyme
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Loaded Potato Ingredients:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 15 parsley leaves
- 15 celery leaves
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 cup cooked bacon (bits or lardons)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese curds
- Clean potatoes, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cook at 375 degrees F in convection oven for 1 hour, till tender
- Cut off top ¼ of potato, lengthwise and reserve
- Spoon out potato into ricer and reserve the shells in the refrigerator, place cold butter in with potatoes and turn through a potato ricer.
- Add hot milk and all other ingredients to potatoes and mix gently with rubber spatula till fully incorporated, mixture should still be hot.
- Place small amounts of mixture in into piping bag fitted with star tip and pipe back into the potato shells. When piping the potato filling into the shell, reserve a well in the center so that you may fill the potato with the poutine gravy later.
- Remove excess potato from the reserved potato tops, scrape with knife if necessary, and cut into triangles. Fry at 350 degrees F until very crispy, season with salt and allow to dry/cool on a tray lined with paper towels
Poutine Gravy Directions:
- Melt the butter in a pot and incorporate the flour. Cook until the flour becomes brown.
- Add the chicken stock, demi-glace and herbs, let cook until becomes gravy consistency
- Add lemon juice and cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Loaded Potato Directions:
- Re-bake the potatoes in the oven at 450, until golden brown.
- Once brown, remove from oven, fill the well in the center of the potato with the poutine gravy and top with the bacon and mozzarella cheese curds. Place the potatoes back in the oven for 4-5 min.
- Garnish the loaded potatoes with sour cream, herbs and potato skins reserved from baking the potatoes.