- Hangover Hash
- 5 pounds Idaho® potatoes
- 16 eggs, farm-fresh
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 each spring onion, large, diced small
- 1 each broccoli, head
- 1 each cauliflower, head
- 4 each bell peppers, diced small
- 3 each carrots, sliced
- 1 cup yellow and green beans, diced small
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup nunya sauce
- Nunya Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 each fresh lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and keep skins on; place in large pot and cover with cold water by 3". Cook over medium heat until tender but still firm to the fork or knife; it is important not to overcook.
- When the potatoes are tender yet firm remove from heat, drain and cool on a rack. When cool enough to handle, shred on a box grater's largest side. Reserve.
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces and blanch with carrots in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes, then shock in ice water. Do not overcook.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces, then roast for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, then toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and dash of salt.
- Melt 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Sauté onions until caramelized, then add potatoes. Sauté about 10 minutes; when potatoes begin to brown, add blanched and roasted vegetables and fresh chopped herbs.
- Cook until the potatoes are golden brown and the vegetables are warm and tender.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter, then add eggs and milk and scramble.
- Top large serving of hash with scrambled eggs and drizzle with nunya sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl until combined.