Idaho® Potato and Crab Hash with Poached Eggs
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 pounds Idaho® yellow potatoes
- 14 ounces yellow onion, medium dice
- 12 ounces red bell peppers, small dice
- 8 ounces herb-infused compound butter, slightly melted
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 tablespoons salt and pepper mix
- 1 cup Japanese dried bread crumbs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 48 eggs
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab
- Peel and steam all potatoes until soft. Drain, let cool and cut into medium dice.
- In a bowl, combine the diced potatoes with the onion, peppers, butter, honey, salt and pepper, and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold the crab in and refrigerate.
- For each order, sauté 6 ounces of loose potato hash in 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan, turning gently until hot and crispy.
- In a separate pan, poach 2 eggs.
- Plate the potato hash and top with the poached eggs.