Recipe is gluten-free, and can be vegan if made without eggs. Without eggs, fritters will have a denser texture.
- 3 quarts + 2 cups Idaho® Russet mashed potatoes
- 2 quarts + 2 cups white or yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups red peppers, small dice
- 2 1/2 cups yellow peppers, small dice
- 2 1/2 cups green onion, sliced on the bias
- 2 1/2 cups celery, small dice
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 15 eggs, whipped
- Assemble all ingredients. Combine in mixing bowl: mashed potatoes, corn flour, red & yellow peppers, green onion, celery, cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt & black pepper
- Fold in whipped eggs
- Use #30 portion scoop to drop fritter batter into deep fat or Swiss tilt fryer at 350°F for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through and a deep golden brown
- Drain cooked fritters on paper towels, sprinkle with kosher salt, allow to rest 2 minutes.
- At service, allow customer to choose from various ethnic dipping sauces.