- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, sliced into ¼ inch rounds (I left the skins on)
- 1⅓ pounds fresh or frozen Alaskan snow crab legs
- ½ of a green bell pepper, diced (3-4 to 1 cup)
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced thin (white and green parts)
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3-4 cups vegetable or canola oil, for frying the potatoes
Gouda Cream sauce ingredients:
- 1½ cups light cream
- 1½ cups finely shredded Gouda cheese
- ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Steam the crab legs until hot, about 12 minutes. Crack the crab legs open and remove the crab meat. Keep warm in a 200°F oven, covered.
- Prepare the Gouda Cream Sauce- Heat the light cream over medium heat until steaming, then slowly whisk in the shredded Gouda, waiting until each addition is fully melted before adding more. Remove from the heat and set aside, reheating if necessary before topping the chips.
- Prepare the chips- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium/high heat or preheat a deep fryer. Fry the potatoes, working in batches if needed (don't overcrowd the pan), until golden brown, 7-10 minutes for each batch. Drain onto a paper towel lined oven-safe plate, and keep warm in a 200° F oven.
- Place the chips on a large platter, top with the diced tomatoes, green peppers, crab meat, scallions, Gouda cream sauce, and crumbled blue cheese. Serve immediately.