- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Lightly Sprinkle 12X15” rectangular baking stone or baking sheet with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto baking stone/sheet.
- Lightly brush pizza crust with two tablespoons olive oil and dot with minced garlic and 1/2 of the fresh thyme leaves. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and set aside, leaving oven on.
- Slice red onion into thin, round rings beginning at root tip, (for smaller rings) and set aside.
- Scrub potatoes under cold running water. Cut lengthwise into very thin slices using mandolin or knife. Arrange potato slices on rimmed baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and immediately cover with cold water. Place baking sheet into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After baking, carefully remove potato slices from hot water and transfer to a bowl of cold water until ready to use. Note: Placing cut potatoes in cold water prevents browning. Additionally, when cut potatoes cannot be used quickly, it is recommended you add fresh or concentrated lemon juice (1 teaspoon per gallon) to ensure potatoes won’t discolor.
- Remove potato slices from cold water and place onto paper towels. Pat both sides of potatoes dry and immediately arrange onto pizza crust, over-lapping edges slightly in a shingled pattern.
- Arrange red onion rings over potatoes and sprinkle with minced shallot.
- Dot surface of these ingredients with chunks of goat cheese and bake for 12-14 minutes or until crust is deep, golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves, slice into squares and enjoy!
Additional Topping Suggestions: Sliced prosciutto, crispy pancetta, blanched asparagus