- 4-5 pounds Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cold butter, cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 pound Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
To prepare whipped potatoes
- Simmer Yukon Gold Potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain and return to pot over heat; cook tossing quickly until water is evaporated.
- Process potatoes through a food mill. Return to pot.
- Heat cream to a simmer. Gradually whip cream and butter into potatoes until combined. Press through a chinois or food mill to remove lumps if needed. Season to taste with salt.
To prepare Crisped Fingerling Potatoes
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 6 minutes depending on sizes. Drain and cool completely.
- Smash potatoes to about 1/4-inch thick. Flash-fry in 425°F oil until golden brown and crisp. Drain.
To prepare Russet Potato Crumbles – yield about 1-1/2 cups
- Peel raw potatoes. Place potatoes in a blender or food processor to make coarse pea-size bits.
- Flash-fry in 425°F until golden brown. Strain then spread on parchment lined sheet pan. Season with salt.
- Spoon about 6 ounces (3/4 cup) whipped potatoes onto serving plate.
- Top whipped potatoes with 1 heaping tablespoon Russet Potato Crumbles. Surround with 3-4 Crisped Fingerling Potatoes.