Mediterranean Herbed Potato Salad with Grilled Vegetables
- Herbed Vinaigrette
- 12 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces white vinegar
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grilled Vegetables
- 2 fresh eggplant, skinned and sliced to 1/3 inch thickness
- 2 squash, sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 red peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
- 4 green peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
- 4 yellow peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
- 2 red onions, sliced to 1/2 inch thickness
- 6 medium Portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned (remove stems & clean)
- 1 pound Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups Greek olives
- 6 pounds Idaho® potatoes
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- To prepare herbed vinaigrette, mix all ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
- Marinate eggplant, squash, peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1/2 the prepared vinaigrette for 2 hours.
- Wash and steam potatoes. Let cool. When potatoes are cooled, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Toss potatoes in vinaigrette. Refrigerate.
- Drain vegetables (save vinaigrette) and grill until tender, let cool. Cut grilled mushrooms into strips.
- In large glass bowl, place 3/4 of the sliced potatoes, 1/4 of the grilled vegetables, 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the black olives. Repeat process 3 more times to create a layering effect.
- Pour reserved vinaigrette over salad and garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, feta cheese and diced tomatoes.