Idaho® Potato Stuffing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 cups Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled, boiled and diced
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Mung Bean Crepe Ingredients:
- 1 cup mung beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
- as needed olive oil
Heirloom Tomato Relish Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- ½ pound heirloom tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
Idaho® Potato Stuffing
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once the mustard and cumin crackle, add onion, salt and turmeric.
- Sauté over low heat until the onions turn translucent.
- Add potatoes and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and top with lime juice and cilantro. Adjust salt to taste.
Mung Bean Crepe
- Soak mung beans in the water for 2 to 4 hours.
- Drain and blend mung beans, salt and cumin in a blender into a smooth paste.
- Heat a flat griddle, scoop 1/4 cup batter onto it and spread to form a crepe.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook the crepe until light brown and crispy. Repeat with remaining batter.
Heirloom Tomato Relish
- Add oil to a warm skillet, followed by the garlic.
- Sauté garlic and add tomatoes, sugar, salt and date syrup. Simmer until the tomatoes cook down.
- Place 4 ounces potato stuffing on a crepe. Roll and serve hot with tomato relish on the side.
Note: This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and whole grain.