- 680 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 55 grams buttermilk
- 20 grams Golden Mountain® seasoning sauce
- 17 grams mushroom seasoning (such as Imperial Taste®)
- 15 grams maitake mushroom powder
- 13 grams sherry vinegar
- 9 grams salt
- 3 grams candy cap mushroom powder
Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- 25 grams nutritional yeast
- 13 grams smoked Maldon® sea salt
- 2 grams black pepper
- 15 A-size Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes, about 175 grams each, unpeeled
- Rice bran oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- 500 grams Mushroom Butter (see recipe), softened
- 40 grams Nutritional Yeast Seasoning (see recipe)
- 150 grams ground and rendered high-quality double-smoked bacon (such as Benton’s®)
- 130 grams crème fraîche, in squeeze bottle
- 150 grams Italian truffle honey, in squeeze bottle
- 200 grams Comté, sliced into 150 thin 1 1/2-inch squares using a mandoline
- 350 grams king trumpet mushrooms, sliced into thin coins
- 50 grams scallion or spring onion tops, very thinly sliced
- Whip all ingredients in a stand mixer until fully combined. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag with a small metal round tip.
- Preheat convection oven to 350°F, with the fan on. Line a full sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a rack inside. Using a cake tester, pierce each potato at least 20 times. Coat with oil and season liberally with salt. Evenly space the potatoes on the rack in the sheet pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, until potatoes are very tender when tested with a cake tester. Hold potatoes warm until service; do not allow them to cool.
- At service, preheat deep fryer to 360°. Fry 1 potato until the skin is very crisp and it is hot throughout, about 4 minutes. Carefully cut the top of the potato lengthwise, being mindful not to reach the ends. Using a thin-sided spoon, carefully scrape each side of the potato, break up the inside and fluff.
- Using the pastry bag, liberally pipe Mushroom Butter inside the fluffed potato evenly at multiple points.
- Sprinkle on Nutritional Yeast Seasoning and bacon. Using a zigzag pattern, put a liberal amount of crème fraîche inside the potato, followed by a smaller amount of truffle honey.
- Stick in 10 pieces of Comté so they stand. In between cheese, stand slices of mushroom. Scatter some scallions on top and serve.